Thursday, June 01, 2006

Men Speak Up...

As promised, more results from LizaCorrine.com Poll Questions

In late August of 2005 I wrote the following ...

"I am reading a book that states...

"men are actually very simple creatures.All they ask is direct communication, respect, appreciation, food, and good lovin'.

Since I have a large male friend/acquaintance base I would like to know what your thoughts on the comment are. Do you agree or disagree, and why?"

Here are the responses I received in the order they were received, followed by their initials and current age. If there are additional responses. Please feel free to share at this time.

We are very simple creatures and I can prove this with a simple experiment. Ladies if your man is having a bad day do this simple task. Before he comes home take all your clothes off and wait for him at the door. Examine the expression on his face. Guys try the same thing look at her lovely face. The guy will forget all his problems and the woman might slap her man's face because he doesn't understand her feelings. - LLK - 37

Women ask for those same things; these questions are NOT soley
characteristic to men. - JCR - 27.

Respect yes. Appreciation definitely; you women love to take us for granted. Food, sure, but I can handle that one myself. Chances are I'll be a better cook than my wife. It ain't got to be good as long as I can get it when I want it. Direct communication? I guess as long as the female can stand to hear me talk, that's as direct as I need. -ABR- 31

I agree cuz! - BS - 30 something

I think that the book is right on all counts. I would add that the direct communication piece is critical as long as it isn't purposefully hurtful. The other little tidbit that I would add is that every man is different and that gender lines, in terms of responsibilities (who oughta do what), are more shared than ever. So I think it's entirely possible to find a woman that wants all of the same things that the book says that a man wants. In fact I think we all want the same things; it's just a matter of finding a person that we trust ourselves enough with to unload all of our childhood baggage, and create something better rather than recreating more of the same. -DJG - 26

I think only two of those criteria apply more to men than to women as I believe all humans want respect, appreciation and food. As far as direct communication goes, all I can say is guys don't get hints. It's that simple. If you have an opinion, just say it. If you want something, say "I want ... fill in the blank." Men aren't hard to communicate with, just don't make us guess, infer, mind-read, etc. As for good lovin' .... Yea, and more than just occasionally -SCT - 27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Men claim they like direct communication, but they are guilty of indirect/poor communication much more than women. While women have roundabout ways of giving hints (supposedly to “be nice” and to not hurt one’s feelings), men love to give B.S. answers and they lie more than women. As for the other things you mention, I think both men and women desire love, respect, appreciation, companionship, and so on.

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...