Sunday, February 24, 2008

Day 1: San Francisco: United Airlines, Fisherman's Wharf, Adora, & Alioto's

Hi Everyone! I have arrived safely in San Francisco. I am staying in Fisherman’s Wharf. I have been told by many locals that I have been placed in a high tourist area... and I need to venture out.

I must say, I slept 90% of the flight from CTL to SFO which is a good thing because I only got a “Snack Mix” and two juices the entire flight. I typically pack snacks… what is WRONG with me? Lolol… Nevertheless, I was starving when I got here and
since I am in a tourist spot…I walked out the door of my hotel and in less than a block I was stopping at Johnny Rockets…lol… I know...not branching out too much… but hey… we don’t have them at home :) After sleeping off my hunger headache I contacted my friend Adora, who is an absolute gem. She came got me out of the hotel room and treated me to dinner at Alioto’s where the food was delish. Before I leave I will have to add a picture of me and Adora on her job. For most of you facebook, myspacers, you will appreciate
that she works at SLIDE. Tomorrow is the first day of my conference…after class (and probably a nap) I will be trying to touch bases with more Clemson “folks”… Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...