Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 4: Course Completion, Bay Cruise, & Slide, Inc.

Hello everyone… today was my last full day in San Francisco.

Fundraising School
Fundraising School was a blast! I met great people and learned A LOT. I will not be able to go and start a planned giving program from scratch BUT I don’t have to…one already exists at my institution. With a little more reading I will feel even more confident. The instructors were great, they kept the class interesting and held my attention 97% of the time without even thinking of being sleepy. Today I received my certificate, which will be framed when I get home. Not only was the class great but I met some great people too.

Site Seeing 101
Well if you haven’t noticed from my previous blogs I have been trying to get in as many “activities” daily as possible after classes, and today was no exception. I am one who can get a lot done in a short amount of time and feel accomplished. As soon as I was handed my certificate of completion from the course I shook one of my instructor’s hands and ran to the Blue & Gold Fleet Bay Cruise the last one of the day, and the last one that I would have been able to even try to get on. I hopped right in line and I am sooo glad I made it. It was a 90 minute tour that wasn’t too crowded. I met a nice lady from Costa Rica who insisted her cousin translate to tell me things. They were so sweet… we went toured the Bay… saw both bridges and went under the Golden Gate bridge, which I might add is ORANGE…even San Francisco sports the Clemson Spirit! (That is for you Newell). .. the tour also sailed close to Alcatraz. After finishing with the tour I walked around Pier 39 for souvenirs and just looking.

When I returned to my room I called Adora to see if she wanted to still have dinner and so I can take a picture of her AT WORK. She is so awesome! I will certainly be back to visit her! We went to the Thirsty Bear Brewery a few blocks from her job. We had a fabulous talk about the minority experience at Clemson.
She then took me back to Slide, Inc. to show me around their office. It was soooo cool to see a start up business that is so well known in action.

Tomorrow…
I will probably write the day after tomorrow and if not the weekend. I hope to get up early enough to ride the cable cars (which I have not done) and possibly walk to Ghirardelli Square but we will have to see. To all my classmates, instructors, and random people I met on this trip it was a pleasure meeting you . To my baby… I miss & love you too!!! Until next time…

Today's Pictures...
The Overachievers...lol

Today's Lunch at Neptune....

Alcatraz a little closer

The Golden Gate Bride up close and personal

Adora posing with the Slide Sign... because I asked her to :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures Corrine!

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...