Monday, October 10, 2011

Today... a Fabulous day!

All too often do we tend to write about things to complain. I would like to take a moment and tell you about my Fabulous weekend.

On Friday I worked with a group of young people connecting them with alumni... a networking initiative. There, an opportunity presented itself for me to ask a company that was present to assist in one of my fundraising goals... they said yes! Took my mama to our homecoming pep rally and put final touches on a project I was working on for a wonderful lady.

On Saturday, I hosted 4 alumni and their guest in our box at the university, while at the same time scheduling them a tour of a few areas in which I thought they may show interest. During one of the tailgates we visited I got a verbal commitment from a fraternity to help me with one of my fundraising goals... Left our game a little after half time to go to a friend's family reunion. There I saw her children who I had either met or talked to and met many of her family members that were funny and sweet, boy do i cherish time with loved ones. That evening I also met her nephew who is well known in this day and age. He was a rather down to earth gentleman that I wish I would have had more of an opportunity to talk to but I didn't want to be "that girl" ... in every attempt to respect his family time. If it is truly meant for me to talk with him my belief that other opportunities will appear... it has happened before ...

On Sunday I traveled with the family to tour their land ... that was home to an ancestral cemetery ... and the inner nerd in me took over...wanting to take pictures of the toombstones and research them to "tell their family story" ...

all in all a blessed weekend!

Liza Corrine

1 comment:

SitterCity discount code said...

Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...