Friday, January 13, 2006

... The Pursuit of Happiness

"The Pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase; if you pursue happiness, you'll never find it." - CP Snow

I will have to agree with CP Snow in the aforementioned quote... There are too many people out there looking for, pursing, happiness. Whether it be love, monetary success, that next promotion, the next job, or whatever makes YOU happy...

I used to be one of those people even when I didn't try. I believed that if I got this degree or accomplished that great feat that ... happiness was just around the corner. I would say that I wasn't looking for it, but in the back of my mind I believe I was... I am not saying do not give your all in whatever you do. Instead, I challenge you to do your best ... solely for the betterment and representation of YOU!... and guess what... when you start and continue to do things in that manner.. happiness truly is just around the corner.... Happiness may be found in the smile of person you pass in the street, it may be landing the job you always wanted, or it maybe getting engaged to the man of your dreams...

So I challenge you to stop pursuing happiness, and live life to the fullest for YOU!
"Those who are not looking for happiness are the most likely to find it, but who are searching forget that the surest way to be happy is to seek happiness for others. - Martin Luther King, Jr. -

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi Liza,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like the positivity of this blog. Happiness is something that cannot come from someone or somewhere else. It's up to each one of us to be happy with our own lives and selves and if we're not, we have to change something.

As for your LWD2M blog, you should check out Flylady at www.flylady.net. She's in NC, but she is always talking about making time for yourself so that you can be happy and be able to help others. If you're frazzled, you're no good to yourself or anyone around you!

I'll check back in!
Stephanie

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...