Saturday, January 14, 2006

Love, Money, or Education...

Love, Money, or Education... that was a pageant question I was preped for several years ago that has always stuck with me...so that is the thought I would base my blog off of today. My answer then and now has not changed...Love

I feel that Money and Education are things that have little value if in the end that is all you have. I am not by anymeans discouraging attaining higher education. In actuality, I have personally attained almost all the education that I want... I believe. Not the path I had originally set out to take but I am well educated nonetheless. I have a Bachelors of Science in Biological Sciences and a Master's of Human Resource Development... and I am currently thinking about pursing my PhD and brought to my attention today possibly a JD... we will just have to see about all that.

I just feel that you can have all the degrees and money in the world but if you do not know what it is to love then I feel you may be missing out on a true blessing in life. I am not necessarily talking about the love of a significant other, but also the love, support, meaning healthy and true family can bring to ones life. I have been blessed throughout my life with a wonderful and supportive family and network of true friends.

Also, the love that I am talking about can be the love of oneself. How can you love another be it family, friend, or significant other if you do not love yourself? I think for a moment I was missing this aspect of love in my life.

Nonetheless, in my case the love that I felt was missing, after I learned to really love myself, was that of a significant other...finally after years of wondering if anyone could ever love me and I them... I finally know what it is like, and it is wonderful... and well worth the wait. I have fallen in love all over again with my high school sweetheart. As the song says, "Reunited and it feels so good"...We are just taking things day by day, and I am asking for prayers of support for God's will to regin in our lives. Possibly in the future we will write a blog together sharing our story...which is quite interesting.. Stay tuned....

True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights.
- Erich Segal -

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...