Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Slower Traffic Keep Right

While I am not the fastest driver in the world I am often bothered by slow drivers. I try to convince myself that maybe they are God's way of keeping something bad from happening to me, kind of like my divine hold up so to speak...

However, today's blog topic is going to be my personal vent about slow drivers. One of my pet peeves is for people to drive under good weather conditions in the left lane when people are passing them in the right. If I recall correctly I believe Kentucky or Tennessee has a posted road sign that reads, "Stay in the right lane unless passing"... I remember thinking how much clearer could that be. South Carolina has signs that read, "Slower Traffic Keep Right"... maybe that is not clear enough for some, or that may leave room for interpretation error.. I don't know. I believe that if people could follow this simple rule of driving that there would be a slight reduction in traffic congestion and an even smaller decline in automobile accidents. I also believe that we would also see a reduce in the prevalence of road rage.

The following are a few personal suggestions to drivers...
- IF you choose to talk on a cell phone and drive ... PLEASE STAY IN THE RIGHT LANE
- If you really have no where important to be and you know that you drive slow, please do not leave around 8, lunch, or rush hour (especially in areas where there are only two lanes)
- When you are driving with your windows up and another driver is annoying you in some way.. please do not yell at them.. they cannot hear you and if you have passengers there is no reason to subject them to your disgruntledness

No I am not in a rush, I just think that by adhering to a few of these suggestions the world stress level will/would decrease slightly. Again I would like to reinerrate I am not the best nor the fastest driver in the world however the aforementioned are my opinions.

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...