Monday, July 10, 2006

BELIEVE AGAIN

Sometimes you may feel like your life is spinning out of control...from time to time I do. I am a control nut and I know it. So out of control... or not clearly understanding freaks me out! I am much better in recent times but lately I just feel a little unfrazzled and a lot of emotional weight weighing me down. However it is my nature to just be quiet... smile and nodd... unless provoked OR vent to close friends...(which I know they get tired of therefore I start holding more in)...When I do speak up... I am scared that I may push people away from me. I HATE negative confrontation under any circumstances but when pushed one too many times I push back when I can or get a little down when there is nothing I can do. I tend to stop believing in the good things in life, stop believing in the positives...

Recently I have been experiencing that and needed a little inspiration, and when I was cleaning out my email I found this poem my friend Demeterius recently shared.
BELIEVE AGAIN
What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it shrivel up and die?
Naw,
Grapes of promise may be gone
But even they leave evidence of hope
By becoming raisins when they dry
Tis not over, no where close
Pick up the pen again,
Start up your business again,
Open your heart again,
Trust Jesus again,
Run the race to win,
Believe again!
©2006 Demeterius Smith (By inspiration of The Holy Spirit)

It helped to inspire me at just the right time. I hope it inspires you. Smile it may just brighten someone elses day.

1 comment:

Mell said...

You can vent to me anytime...even it is about me :)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...