Tuesday, July 11, 2006

You can catch more flies with honey...

"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" .... that was a favorite saying of someone that passed away recently. This year has been and continues to be a bit of a stuggle for me, and the passing of my "church godmother" Miss Ellen Naomi Childers" does not make it easier. I would like to take a moment and pay tribute to her in this blog. I never realized how much I enjoyed learning about history until I spent time with Miss Childers. She was a former educator that wrote books, poetry, and as many say was "walking history". She introduced me to Rosenwald Schools, genealogy, and much more. She lived a beautiful life and she will be missed by many. I love you Miss Childers.

One of Her Books...
A Journey of Faith-40 Years of Excellence: A History of Seneca Institute (Paperback)

1 comment:

Mell said...

We are so sorry for your loss. She will be with you forever, though. Nothing can change all of the things that she taught you. You'll always carry her around in your heart. Also, you know she really is in a better place. You will be with her again some day.

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...