Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happy New Year! - Resolutions - Kool -aid points- Recipes..

Hello my friends, family, and visitors of my blog!

This is my first blog of 2007! I pray that each of you have had a wonderful and blessed year so far & that your 2007 is more prosperous, blessed, and outstanding than your 2007! For those of you who haven't had a positive 2007 thus far...pray, keep praying, and trust in God. I am a strong believer in prayer. Speak and live positive and you will be blessed!

Okay so this blog will cover a few things as the title states... you have read my New Year's well wishes...

Next to share some of my resolutions for 2007 and yes I am one of those people who make resolutions :) . Keeping it simple this year...
  • go to the gym at least once a month (hey a girl has to start somewhere
  • do a minimum of 100 sit-ups per week
  • learn to swim
  • loose 10 lbs (and not gain them back :) )
  • improve my financial situation by positive measures
  • be a positive source of inspiration for all that I encounter

On to my next topic of today's blog... Kool-Aid Points...

for any of you who still make Kool-Aid, I know I do and love it, please send me your kool-aid points if you do not wish to use them. You know you too have wondered what you could do with those things... I finally remembered to search and see what you can get & it turns out that the program will be ending this year...go figure.

"But don't delay, because these items are only available while supplies last or until June 30, 200; when the Kool Points program ends."

Just when I remember to finally look it up...lol If you would like to see click here. Please blog or email me and I will provide you with an address to send the points. Yes I can be corny.. but that is OKAY!... look for this blog topic to return in the coming months ... just in case it got lost in this introductory blog of 2007.

Now to my final topic of this blog....RECIPES...

I would like to thank each of you who contributed recipes to my friend's Kitchen Bridal Shower! You are the greatest. Over the coming months I will share with you a recipe a day (if I can remember) along with other topics. So if you would like to see all recipes submitted via email please check back daily.

------------------------------------------

Today's Recipe

compliments of Lynette B.

Amaretto Cheesecake

Crust
11 Graham Crackers
¼ c Sugar
½ c Melted unsalted butter

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grind crackers in food processor, and then add sugar to food processor. Finally add butter in mixture. Press mixture down in bottom of 9” Spring Form Pan., and pack firmly. Do not place mixture on edge of pan. Bake crust for 8-10 minutes or until edges are brown.



Filling
4-8oz packages of soften Cream Cheese
1 1/3 c Sugar
4 Eggs
1/3 c Amaretto


Mix cream cheese. Gradually add sugar 1/3 c at a time; blend well. Then add eggs, one at a time, at a low speed to avoid air bubbles. Finally add liquor. Pour mixture into pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Begin baking in a cold oven. Do not preheat oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue baking cake for 1 hour. Be sure not to open the oven until cake had baked for 1 hour. Allow cake to cool and then cover with aluminum foil. Allow cake to chill in refrigerator overnight.

Topping
4oz Sour Cream
1 ½ tsp Amaretto
2 Tsp Sugar
Mix ingredients (3) together. Chill in refrigerator overnight before adding to cheesecake.

Please note... these recipes could be from other sources but were donated by people to help build my friend's recipe collection! I just wish to share with others the joys of cooking.



No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...