Friday, February 16, 2007

Valentine's Day 2007

My day began with this beautiful balloon boquet to your right... aww.. how sweet :) ...

For several years now I have helped a florist with their Valentine’s Day deliveries. This year is not different…Dr. K and I were out and about on our local delivery route delivering Valentine’s wishes. So, if you were wondering why you didn’t get a Happy Valentine’s Day wish from me, via the internet, that is why. You see one of my former college professor’s wife owns the shop, so I help them out. Regardless of my location, if possible, I will try to come and help this florist on Valentine’s Day because not only am I helping out a friend but I enjoy spreading joy, smiles, and love to a lot of people. And this year, is like all other years… there is a story. Yep a story…well…actually two.

Story No.1… Dr. K had been driving around for most of the morning and prepping arrangements while I jumped out and delivered them. Well he got excited and wanted to make a delivery since 1) we were parked safely 2) we had several deliveries in a close proximity and 3) I think he enjoys just as much as I do seeing smiles on faces…. As I sat in the van he returned with a puzzled look on his face. And said in his oh so proper voice, “That was very interesting… I can say I don’t believe I have experienced a delivery like that before” … well it turns out that on his maybe second delivery of the morning the customer wasn’t happy with her product, threw it on the ground, fussed to the air a little bit and wished him a nice day. Poor thing… all we were trying to do is deliver happiness… I just laughed… we informed the shop of a pending call… and we continued with our deliveries… needless to say I don’t think Dr. K volunteered to deliver too many others.

Story No. 2…Since Dr. K and I have been doing deliveries so long his wife didn’t mind giving us the loaner van that was in… well… not the best of condition…. While driving along we go over a drain grill rather quickly… and suddenly… we heard a metal to concrete sound…. I asked Dr. K should I get out and see what it was… and he said in his always proper tone… “I believe you should” … since he was driving…. I get out…look under the van…. Calmly get back in… close the door ….and turn to him and say “I believe our exhaust is on the ground”… he kind of gives me the… humm look… because he is just not one to get too excited about anything… so we pulled to our next location which wasn’t far…where he pulled off the part that was dragging and again… “needless to say”… we were back to the shop shortly after that

It is always a blast delivery flowers… you never know what to expect…

On a side note… I would like to thank the Love of My Life for a wonderful Valentine’s Day…. The best I have had … from your thoughtful notes… to your surprise visits… thank you… I LOVE YOU bunches!

Also I would like to congratulate Tammy & Greg on their Valentine's engagment! I am very happy for you!

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...