Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Did you realize that ...

...each month's name was derived from another source. I suppose I have always known it in the back of my mind but the planner that I have has random neat facts in it... so today I decided to share with you each month so far...

  • January - Named after Janus, the god of doors and gates
  • February - Named after Februalila, a time period when sacrifies were made to atone for sins
  • March - Named for Mars, the god of war
  • April - Derived from aperire, Latin for "to open" buds
  • May - Named after Maia, the goddes of growth and plants

Just thought I would share this random bit of knowledge with you all!... yes I am random...

and fyi I will try to share the remaining months of the year's meaning on the 1st day of that month.

Have a wonderfully blessed day!

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...