Friday, June 22, 2007

Continue Your Good Deeds

"And let us not grow weary in well doing..for in due season you should reap if you faint not" - Galatians 6:9

I have been running the roads from wedding to wedding to work stuff. Friday was just an emotionally stressing day for me for whatever reason from continued townhome issues to people ignoring my plea for encouragement to people just urkin' me. There was some light at the end of the tunnel however (Thanks Kris & Anca)...so I decided to make this weekend "Relaxing Weekend: 1 '07" (RW1'07). I watched a movie, my boyfriend's family brought food to the house we ate and just hung out at the pool. All and all a good weekend of relaxation.

The movie I watched was Tyler Perry's : Daddy's Girls. In this movie Bishop Eddie Long preaches a short sermon on the challenges faced often when one tries to do good in life. He said "In doing good you shall grow weary.... there is no sin in growing weary ... the sin is giving up. " This scene from the movie not only moved, but inspired me because it seems that the harder I try to do good the more people are fighting against me. You may ask why am I sharing this....I am doing so to encourage other and tell them to hold on for your blessing is just on the next horizion. I don't know if your horizon is a day away or five years away....It will not be easy and if it is easy it will not be easy to maintain without work and prayer.

I am here to let you know that it is okay if you have to take care of you first before you can help others. Do not let others get you down pray, pray pray. Doing good makes you feel good from the depths of your soul if you do it with sincereity. I hope that each of you have a great week to come and a wonderful life! Please pray for me!

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...