Friday, August 07, 2009

CLAIM IT Ed. 3: SAY THANK YOU!

You see God has blessed me with wonderful parents, a great boyfriend, a loving family and awesome friends.

I do not know if I tell them thank you enough.... so I take this time and space to say... THANK YOU

I have been blessed with parents that have ALWAYS been there for me and go out of their way to do what they can for me. Who listen and offer advice (not always what I want to hear but advice nonetheless). You must understand I was a VERY involved child... from pageants, to school, to countless activities....one if not both of them where there. They taught me what they new/know and encouraged me to learn what they may not have experience in... they taught/teach me to be a good person .. and for that and so much more I want to say THANK YOU

Now onto my boyfriend.... you see my boyfriend is my high school sweetheart... at the age of 16 the 2nd time I REMEMBER seeing him... I feel in love... but I thought then who falls in love at 16... so I think i did many things to sabotage it.... I want to thank him for falling in love with me all over again, for being there, for listening for debating (sometimes :) ) for challenging me, for opening my eyes, for being my best friend. He is one of the most genuine and precious hearts you will ever want to meet... no everything is not perfect but that is why it is called a relationship... something you build and approve upon to make stronger. He gave me a card that I feel helps to explain it...

"The ups, the downs, the twists and turns, the love that keeps us together through it all...And I love looking back to the day we met, remembering all the sweet moments that are forever in my heart. I love knowing that time has made us stronger, and brought us eevn closer together...And when I think of tomorrow, wondering what our love story will hold, I know it will be wonderful for I'll be sharing it with you"

Thank you Kris for being the person I know you are and the great man I know you are destined to be...

Oh my family.... I appreciate all genuine people from my sweethearted sister to my cousin who NEVER forgets to send you a birthday card..... THANK YOU ! Thank you! Though we did not choose each other there are many lessons learned, many talks, fun times, smiles, and laughter... thank you for

My friends... I cannot even begin to name names but thank you! ... Thank you for that person who would let me call them when I had panic attacks in the middle of the night, for that person who made me realize that it is okay for black females to talk about their problems, to those that let me stay in their home when my apartment burned, to those I have a monthly dinner with to vent and listen, to the ones I call daily, weekly, monthly, or just when the mood hits... thank you.. thank you for being such an important part of my life...thank you for being there my friends....

I could go on... but challenge to you today is to say ... THANK YOU.... tomorrow is not promised... make sure you tell those who have made a difference in your life.. thank you!

2 comments:

M.A.W said...

Hey!
I was just wondering if you know where the quote that you have on your page came from. I have been searching and searching for the source of it, and I just cant find it or the life of me.
Can you help?


"I Love our love story...
The ups, The downs, the twists and turns,
the love that keeps us together through it all
And I love looking back to the day we met,remembering all the
sweet moments that are forever in my heart.
I Love knowing that times has made us stronger and brought us even closer together..
And when i think of tomorrow wondering what our love story will hold,
I know it will be wonderful for I'll be sharing it with u."

LizaCorrine said...

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I had stepped away from my blog for a while. I don't know where the quote came from exactly. It was taken from an American Greetings Card my boyfriend gave me.

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...