Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 3: Fundrasing School, Lucus Films, Aquarium, Union Square, & Top of the Mark

Again up at 7/8AM EST… so I get up working… emailing and doing a little research… sad I know. Nevertheless, today in fundraising school I learned more tax law. I could contribute on a knowledgeable basis because our last topic covered before lunch was, endowments, which is something I have asked enough questions about & could even share my library endowment page.

Then off to catch a cab to visit two Clemson Alumni here in California that work for Lucas Films, James & Chris (hence the picture in front of the Yoda fountain).
Hopefully you will see this picture in the Clemson World and or on the Alumni Page. They were AWESOME hospitalble, cool, wonderful, hosts, and I took me to see a lot of very cool things on the LucasFilms Presidio campus. (Sorry my adoring readers, I couldn’t take pictures in the facility). It was a very unique experience that I felt honored and previledged to be shown. Of course they could not let me see things that are in current production but it was just awesome. I am going to have to watch some movies again to see some of the stuff I got to see. I cannot express what wonderful hosts James and Chris were. They help to serve as proof to the value of a great Clemson education and networking. I truly believe that they would be great mentors for students in our Computer Science and Digital Programs. I caught the bus back to the hotel and was then off to my next adventure.

In order to save money I had purchased a City Pass which I would highly recommend to people visiting the city. It is good for 7 consecutive days. It had a 7day muni/cable car passport, one cruise on the blue & gold fleet, one general admission to the Aquarium of the Bay, one general admission to deYoung Museum/Legion of Honor, Exploratorium, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and the Asian Art museum PLUS a number of discounts. The hotel is in walking distance for a lot of these attractions.
Since I have been and will be in class for most of my stay I will not get to enjoy most of the attractions, but nevertheless if I need to get anywhere it is a GREAT deal. Today, as you can see form pictures... I toured the aquarium.

In the evening we(Newell, Courtney, Denise & I) caught a cab to Union Square and dined at Daily Grill San Francisco. We had a fabulous time (sorry there aren’t a lot of pictures from the evening). After he Grill we went on a hunt for a place to have a drink… first stop really nice hotel… but spooky 70s atmosphere and very few patrons… then Courtney recalled going to Top of the Mark on a pervious visit. .. so then we were off… now little did we realize we were on a 4 block 45 to 50 degree walk which was hilarious all by itself (man am I terribly out of shape). By the time we go to the Mark we had to take a break out front so that we would not be out of breath when we entered…however when we sat down at our seats the view of the nighttime city was absolutely beautiful (which we all recognized between our pants of air…lol) … Denise and I called it a night after that and took a taxi ride home… while Newell and Courtney are still exploring San Francisco as we speak.

I must let Kris & Ed know that we love and miss you (Kris, my boyfriend and Ed, Denise’s husband). We are having a spectacular time and cannot wait to see you. To my parents … I love you, miss you and thank you for raising me to be the lady I am today! To my sister, yes you… Love and miss you too… Friends and other family hope to hear from you soon… leave a message on the blog to let me know you stopped by.

PS To C... L may have been on to something :) hehehehehehe

Today's Shots of the Day...
Self Portrait on Pier 39


Saks Fifth Avenue Union Square... can you believe I didn't shop AT ALL
The ENTRANCE to Top of the Mark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I enjoy reading your blogs. Considering that I am stuck at school in South Carolina, it brightens my day to see all the pictures of places that I will probably never get to go. LOL!!! Love ya!!

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...