Saturday, July 26, 2008

Mowtown, Canada, & Gholston 25th Banquet

My parents and grandmother went with some of our Detroit family riding and to their home by the time Kris, I, and Davida where ready to roll.

EXPLORING
Since there was no schedule of events listed for us besides the banquet that evening we then decided to go on our own adventure which took us to Motown where we did the tour of Motown, which was AWESOME!. Loved the music, loved the tour, loved the heritage… it was fun and informative for all of us. We then decided to go to Canada for a bit (this is where the getting late to the family meeting came in). Let’s just say below are pictures from our adventure and if you would like to know more talk to me, Kris, or Davida:




THE BANQUET




Going out again...
VICENTE & GREEKTOWN

We went out for salsa and had just missed the lessons, therefore had a few drinks and then headed to Greektown because Davida didn't get to go with Kris and me the night before. Here is where the second funny part of our day came in...we agreed all to bet only $10 each... I recall Davida showing me a ticket for $6 she won and another for $9.23... well... the next thing I know I see Davida with no tickets and no cash and I was like what happened to your ticket... "The machine took my money"... my response... "What do you MEAN the machine took your money... do you mean it was a mechanical error or your lost it?" she responded that it "took her money" so Kris tells her to take us to the machine... luckily no one had sat at it. What she had not realized was it was in a bonus round that called for her to participate in a touch screen portion of the game. So she and Kris sat and touched the screen. To make a long story short when we got to the machine she was down to like $1.20 and when they were finish touhing the screen she had won a little over $150!...lol...

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...