Monday, January 16, 2006

Celebrate Life... do not morn


Today is a day of momentary sadness because I am only human. On last evening my Aunt Shirley who had been diagnosed with cancer some time ago passed away. Because of deaths as a youth I suppose death as always sent me into extreme sadness that was skillfully masked to many. I believe that that is a normal, typical human reaction.

However, I am blessed at this time in my life with a WONDERFUL boyfriend who I feel is a gift from God. When we talked about her illness recently he encouraged me not be discouraged and more yet to celebrate her life. Celebrate the good time, great memories and joys that she brought to my life and those around her. He, as well as other friends, reminded me that she is no longer in pain, that the negative of her life is no more. And that is my first message/challenge of this blog…
When a loved one passes away, morn them as little as humanly possible, instead CELEBRATE THEM!... know they are in a better place .. Celebrate their life!

When I received the news of her passing no one could be with me for they were at work or had prior engagements and I was slightly discouraged. I did not feel I could just yet go to be with my mother and grandmother. Still great friends called when they could, imed me, and my sweetheart sent me an email. In his email he reminded me of the faith that I have shown and shared with him and to let that guide me through the day. And he was right! There is a song goes something like “When it seems like all the world has forsaken you or just cannot be there … call on the Lord” And that is the second message I would like for you to take from this blog today...
If you feel like you cannot turn to anyone you can always turn to God, meditate in Him and ask him to guide you.

We love you Aunt Shirley and we will miss you but we know that you are with God smiling down on us and praying for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corrine, what a beautiful entry. You almost had me crying! I love you and I'm here for you.

Lys

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...