Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Last Day of the First Month of 2006

Well, well, well… only 31 days into 2006 and it has already had its ups and downs and that is the focus of today's entry. From spending time with family and friends to a death of a dear loved one. There are also things that I want to accomplish and as a method of holding myself accountable for those things I am contemplating the idea of doing monthly resolutions with small personal rewards and punishments.

Let me address the “downs” first…
 As I look over my resolutions and I can report the only thing that I can report that I have not been accomplished is volunteering for this month at CCC.
 The passing of a wonderful lady, my Aunt Shirley and how it affects our family
 Today they announced the passing of Mrs. Coretta Scott King, the widow of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Now to the “ups”...
 Have improved on eating breakfast regularly
 Had a great New Year’s weekend with my wonderful & handsome boyfriend
 Spent time with family & friends
 Each day learning a little more about myself
 Learning to “hold my tongue” more

334 more days of adventure in the year 2006. No one knows what the future holds but I pray that there are many positively wonderful blessings in it for all my loved ones and those who share in my message of encouragement and creating opportunity.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas A. Edison -

1 comment:

Cliff said...

I love that quote from Thomas Edison...

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...