Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Let me help YOU find $$!

As promised ... my unclaimed property blog!

Many people never realize it but... you may have unclaimed money somewhere. One of my hobbies is helping friends, family, and anyone who will let me help them search for unclaimed property. Just last month I helped friends find over $4,000. I would be willing to instruct you on how to do so… Simply …

 leave me a comment stating that you would like help
 give me the state which you reside

I will then shoot you a comment or email back telling you how to claim and search from your specific state.

I am often asked “Why would I have unclaimed money?” I have found a good answer provided by The National Unclaimed Property Database. “While state laws very in periods of dormancy, a wide rage of reportable property but is not limited to dormant checking and savings accounts, uncashed money orders, cashiers checks, unclaimed insurance benefits, mineral royalty payments, safe deposit box contents, unused gift certificates, unclaimed security deposits, cash dividends, stock, court deposits, and utility deposits.”
And why let the government have money of you or your loved ones simply because you forgot it was out there.

Here are some of the sites that I use to get you started…

NAUPA | The National Unclaimed Property Database | Missing Money

So far these are some of the people I have helped, approximately how much I have helped them find, and where they found it…


[AWARDED]
Don B - $90 – Alabama
Greg A – $300 – Michigan
Frank K - $300 – New York
Stuart K – $70 – New York
Sean M - $1,400 - North Carolina

[PENDING]
John W - ? – Virginia
Jean H - ? – Kentucky
Jon H - ? – Kentucky
Rhoda W - ? – Virginia
Ruth M - $190 – South Carolina
Ellen C - ? – South Carolina
Joel W - $60 – South Carolina
Lorenzo K - $800 – South Carolina
Lorenzo K - $4,400 – Pennsylvania

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...