Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Words can make or break your day...

How many times has someone's comment made your day spectacular or ruined you completely. I have been going through a lot right now, but one of my personal goals is to stay positive... for that reason I would like to share the following.

On Mother's Day my mama told me how much she loved me. It was kind of in an awkward situation but she meant it and I knew it anyway. But there is something about sharing those words with someone that can change their lives.

On yesterday I was sitting playing with my boyfriend's guitar (not knowing what I am doing more than the man in the moon) and I could feel him looking at me... and with sincerity in his eyes, as I glanced up from the stings, he looked at me and said... "you know you truly are a beautiful woman". Do you know how that made me feel?

Then today as I was reading a friend's blog I read that her son looked up at her and told her "mom you are pretty".

You see these things were mere words, they didn't cost one thing. These mere words made someone's day. I challenge each of you who read this blog to choose kind words to say to someone today. Say I love you, tell someone how you feel about them... What makes it even better is the element of surprise.

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...