Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My 29th Birthday !

Yesterday was my 29th birthday! I received birthday and other well wishes from so many people and so many ways (phone calls, in person, text messages, im's emails, facebook, myspace, and snail mail)! I would have to say I think yesterday was one of the best birthday's I have ever had as an adult. I didn't want much but to talk to and spend time with loved ones.
As I have been doing for a few years now...

My Birthday First List 2006!

My first phone call was from my sister a little after midnight ;) Davida
My first e card Anca & Alex (from a Romanian site...very cool)
My first blog shot out from Mellissa & the kids!
My first card was from Yvonne (three days early)
My first birthday lunch from my Kristopher
My first snail mail card from Alyssa
(holding the title strong for many years!)
My first e mail message Anca & Cristi
My first facebook wish Jamilia
My first myspace wish Michael
My first gift from my Parents
My first text message Yvette
My first im wishes Mellissa


I shared my birthday dinner with three very special people in my life, My Parents and My Boyfriend. Many of you may know... I am NOT a cook, (don't get me wrong I can bake some mean desserts but cooking is NOT my specialty)... hence my mama taught me how to prepare sirloin strips with a mushroom sauce. So, I got to spend quality time with my mama as she showed me how to prepare a meal...AND the four of us dined together later in the evening. Kris prepared a sugar free dessert of jell-o topped with whipped cream and a "trick candle" that all of us could enjoy (very thoughtful because my father is a diabetic). It was very pretty as you can see in the pictures.

I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to each of you that made my 29th birthday wonderful!

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...