Monday, July 28, 2008

VACATION DAY! HA! Dunkin’ Donuts Grand Opening(Clemson) – Computer & Car Issues

So we arrive in Clemson at about 4:30, get our stuff out and my parents and grandmother are on their way. Kris then remembers me talking about Dunkin’ Donuts opening at 5AM July 28th. So we get the keys and run to the car … to a dead battery… I then suggest walking so then we have an excuse to eat whatever we are about to consume. Kris agrees and we are off! We walk down the street to this (please see picture below)… college students, locals, children and parents, all in line. We began laughing and get in line.

Now what is funny and you must understand is that we were going because Kris ALWAYS asks for bagels in the morning and there is nowhere in Clemson where we can go grab a fresh bagel so he has been talking about the opening of DD since we read in the paper that it was on it’s way… so we arrive not knowing about the “free stuff”… we ended up getting two free breakfast each, a magnet, and registered to win whatever else they were giving away (which I personally didn’t even read). They simply said put your name and number on the back of your receipt and stick it in a box. We did so, went outside enjoyed our bagels and were off home. About noon I get a call from DD Cooperate telling me I had won two tickets to the Clemson/Citadel Game! I just started laughing and hope I said thank you!

I go to use my computer and remember the motherboard being replaced well… in this transaction I have lost the wep key to get into my own network AND the Clemson wireless network! UGH! And remember the car… yeah…. The battery died and well.. let’s just say THANK GOD KRIS & MY DADDY. Kris and I got it jumped off today and my wonderful Daddy who is going to try to take it to the dealership tomorrow while I go to work…. What a way to spend my vacation day working on my computer and car…I will be taking another…I just have meetings and things to do tomorrow! But at least I won tickets & got to hang out with my family and baby!God is GREAT!

No comments:

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806)

Benjamin Banneker (1731-1806) Raised on a farm in Maryland, Benjamin Banneker wanted to learn everything he could about the world around hi...